AT Template™ Features
Graphical User Interface
- Graphical user interface for designing document automation with dialog box presentation for user input
- Preview dialog box in design time
- Currently supporting text box and text box with drop down lists for user input
- User defaults for control data and selections
Microsoft Word™ support
AT Template™ automation fields will be accessed in...
- ...TextBox type drawing objects
- ...all types of headers and footers in multiple document sections
Reusing fields to support workflow, additions to saved documents and adding multiple similar records or reports to a document
E.g. you can...
- ...send partially finished dialog box prompts to collegues to finalize, or for yourself to finish later
- ...rerun AT Template™ on saved documents to fill in more records in a list or other repeating structures
- ...choose to be prompted for more items when filling in a dialog box for e.g. an invoice
- ...choose to import a document fragment containing AT Template™ fields as part of the actions
to be executed when pressing "OK" in the dialog box. These fields will automatically be processed and if applicable
present another dialog box.
Data access and variables
AT Template™ variables may be resolved into different kind of dynamic data,
including access to data stored at different locations.
Examples of usage are...
- ...variable for username
- ...variable for current day/time with formatting options
- ...variable for resolving content of a particular file
- ...variable for looking up registry entries etc
- ...looking up or insert data defined in a cell/range in Excel or Word
- ...looking up or insert data defined in database or similar data source
Using the control field property "Actions and Options" you may enter a semicolon separated list of words or phrases.
This will populate the dialog box control with a list and provide a drop-down list to the text box control.
You may also extend the list by connecting many (conditional) actions to a single user selection in the drop-down list.
This feature can also be used without any drop-down list.
Using this powerful approach you can e.g...
- ...insert autotext entries, bookmark ranges from Word documents or cell ranges from excel files
- ...construct conditional execution based on users input and selections
- ...run supplementing private scripts at any point
- ...build complex solution, like merging many templates with common purpose into one super template